FINALLY! It has SNOWED here! We waited in vain over christmas for signs of snow and surprise, surprise! It went down in history as the first time since 1877 that NYC saw November and December without any trace of SNOW! According to New York Times, it has been a season of discontent for skiers and it almost seemed like we skipped winter altogether and Spring just cut the queue! Sales of fur and mink coats are down this winter and ski retailers are announcing end-of-season sales even before Jan is over! Plants and flowers are confused(it's so warm they thought it is spring already) and some are even blooming in winter! Some ski resorts are so desperate they are "thinking" of sending trucks to Colorado to steal their snow...haha...
I think I heard almost a collective sigh across the city this morning when they woke up to a magical blanket of snow outside their windows. =) With the sun spilling into my living room, I hurried out the door with my camera before all the evidence of snow melted into the ground!
Friday, January 19, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
I was one of those sighing for sure!!! :-) xx K
Post a Comment