It warms you right up to your eyebrows, really. Especially when your tummy is as round as a basketball and expanded into a balloon to fit in all that food and then you are sitting there mentally willing your food to be digested before you roll out the front door! Whew! A tough night indeed!
Before we are even settled at home, we packed up to go to Washington DC and spent 3 lovely days with the Burns. Yasmeen made such a killer roasted rack of lambs for dinner I can hardly believe she hardly cooks! Such a modest lady, she. ;)
This trip, we did the touristy thing and went to visit the White House(tempted to fart into its gates in front of the guards) and other boring monuments, just so we could get the stamps on our "passport". It's a "passport" to the US's National Parks where you can get stamps to the places you visited.
Emmanuel and I went ballistic over it on our road trip, bordering on obsessive almost. Imagine his glee when he found out that we could stamp on heritage sites in DC and we simply went on a stamping spree.
The other obsessive thing we got into was Squished Penny collecting.
And NOW...it's officially COLD and it only means one thing - CHRISTMAS is coming! Whoohoo! Have always loved Christmas - it's the shopping that gets me high. Agree, ladies? Everytime I'm out, I'm always tempted to buy a few cute baby outfits, throw in some deadly cutie shoes/socks and top it off with a cuddly bear or reindeer. SOOOOooo....tempting!!! Arrrgghhh!!! *Resist, woman!* You have a whole lifetime ahead of you to buy baby and kids' stuff - be patient!
After 2-3 weeks sleeping on hotel beds and guest beds, coming home to our bed is strange. For the first time, it is too hard. My swollen belly can't rest comfortably on it for a fitful 8-hours rest. I woke up frustrated and kept hitting the bed for treating me this way. A trip to Bed, Bath & Beyond solved my problem. The fiberbed top was snuggly and soft I felt like I am resting on the belly of a giant teddy bear. My husband was relieved the bed-hating tantrums are over. I wonder why we never got it sooner. It's nice to be pregnant. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment