Friday, February 01, 2008

Turtle parents.

Life after baby is...

1. Very S.L.O.W.

2. Very T.I.R.I.N.G.

We found that out the hard way when we took the baby out on Saturday to run some errands. What we normally could accomplish in 3hours took us half a day instead!!! *exhausting ahhh!!!!* We've turned into turtle-paced parents...

Life in the fast lane is officially OVER.
On a lovely winter Saturday, we zipped past Central Park and witnessed Obama's campaign in action(he wasn't there himself tho'...).

We showed Theoden the horses and carriages in Central park and he seemed unimpressed... *shrug* We needed to feed the hungry baby and Emmanuel did the honors wielding the bottle and bib, and then impressed a fellow male toilet tripper when he changed the baby's diapers in the Men's room at Borders.

"This is the 1st time I've actually seen the baby changing table being used!" the guy exclaimed in half-shock. Haha...glad we made your day, dude! ;p We finally ended up in BuyBuyBaby and we literally headed for the lounge with all the glider-rocker chairs and collapsed into them for a quick nap. Well, Emmanuel napped while I breast-fed the hungry bugger in public for the 1st time. Another alumni mother was also doing it so I plucked up the courage too...only to discover at the end of the feeding that the store actually provides Nursing rooms(with doors for privacy, duh) for this exact purpose! *groan*

Finally, we had to unwind and have some alcohol in our system to recharge the day's energy. Just across the street was a burger joint called BRGR and in we charged. The burgers are horribly overpriced(and tiny for the price!) and we've certainly tasted much better ones, thank you very much!

The only saving grace is their blueberry-pomegranate milkshake - OMG, this has gotta be the most yummylicious milkshake I've ever slurped! Next time, I'll stop by just for the shake, only for the shake and maybe the sweet potato fries. No more BRGR. Funny - pomegranate seems to be very popular these days. POM. Haagen Daz's Pomegranate Dark Chocolate ice-cream(heaven!). Cocktails made with pomegranate juice, etc,etc,etc.

By night fall, we ended up at home as though we had traveled from Chile to Mexico on foot. Pooped.

Fatigue seeped into our bones and overtook us for the rest of the weekend.

AND...I'm not even talking about the zombie nights we've been having with a Feed-on-Demand Baby. They all say it gets better...ahhh...I'm counting down to the days!!! We both are!!! It better come soon!

So, this is what parenthood is about.
*super-pooped!*

(I pray that I will never have twins or triplets or anything more than 1 in future)