1. My dog died.
Old age is not pretty to watch, even on dogs. It was heart-breaking for my parents to watch their beloved dog slowly degenerate with each passing day, going blind, then deaf, and then most cruelly, being invaded by extraterrestial tumors that eventually led to her death.
I am sure the kid(s) would be deeply scarred for life if their beloved pet dies when they are only 10 or 12 and could scarcely grasp the concept of life and death. To spare Emmanuel and I the cost of future therapy sessions for the kids to deal with their grief, I guess I made the inevitable decision to stick to just having plants. And to enforce my decision, we even went as far as to get artificial plants.
2. A new "ME-DO" after eons...
I can't remember when was the last time I ever sported short hair but I finally chopped off my long locks! I didn't have an exact idea of how short or what style I wanted it to be but I kinda blind-trusted the hairdresser and he gave me this.
BEFORE:
AFTER:
Surprisingly, the long locks he left me was kinda comforting to me as if I still had my long hair(even tho' I felt like some kind of showy bird like a... peacock?) and I had no regrets.
Hopefully, I dun have to vacuum the floor as much now that my hair is shorter...keke... ;p
3. Embracing the COLD....Brrr....
Oh yeah! It will be -28celsius this week and we have been told to bundle up REAL well cos who knows if the wind is howling as well and it might add another 10-20 celsius to that scary number!
We're adapting real well and lil' Theoden is a real survivor. Bravo!
4. My son turns ONE.
Now that he is finally 1yo and officially a toddler, I am beginning to miss the baby I had... the irresistible tiny toes, the humongous baby belly after a feeding, the uninhibited midnight fartings from his crib like an old man having indigestion, the helplessness(it is "twisted" but it's nice to feel needed by someone), the immobility then(compared to the monster who touches every bright button and opens every drawer now) and his overall tinyness.
At 5 months old:
5. Learning French
Just became a student today after a long hiatus and it feels weird to be surrounded by so many young people! I had to do a grading test so that they know where to place me among the foreign students learning French and guess what?!?! I think I am the MOST beginner student there in the whole lot!
Everyone had some high school French before or at least 2-5 years of French and I simply dunno how I ended up in the class!?! Maybe that is the most beginner class they have...? All I know is...I will drown before I learn to swim.
Wish me luck. 3more months to go.
Un, deux, trois!!!
Bonne chance!!!!