Since Wednesday, we have been experiencing a record low temperature of -28 to -30celsius, which sometimes drops to -35(or even less) with the wind factor.
Life still goes on however...the car managed to start in the morning and we are constantly dreaming of eating poutine for dinner when it is so cold.
I have survived the first week of French school and now my head is literally swimming with French verbs and their never-ending conjugations. My teachers are fabulous and so far, I actually like learning the language which I had always thought impossible to master.
Of course it is superfab that I have a personal walking and talking dictionary(i.e. Emmanuel) and I deluge him with so many questions everyday after school and bug him to help me with my homework, the poor fella has no break at all, even at home! ;p
Oh! Good news! My son has just taken his first steps!
My heart nearly bursted with pride when he took his first step and I think my heart stopped this morning when he said "Allo" to someone walking past in the corridor. I thought I misheard it but he said "Allo" again at the childcare centre when the phone rang and his childcare taker, Doris, heard him loud and clear! Bravo, Theoden!!!
Life's full of wonderful surprises and I wake up everyday eager to see what life will hand me today. =)