In the blink of an eye, it's been almost 11 months since...
(1) Someone wonderful popped THE question to me
(2) We wondered how to organize a wedding with a non-English speaking family and a non-French speaking family.
(3) We got married twice in 2 different continents and...a 3rd time in another 7days in the 3rd continent! Whoohoo!!!
And so the story goes: I can't freakin' believe the wedding is here already!?!?!?!?!
After all that "oh-there-is-still-a-long-way-to-go" waiting, planning and quiet anticipation, it's really hard to wake up this morning to the realization that we'll be out of New York City tonight and into Paris tomorrow morning. Wow! Where did all that time go? Damn! I still need a little more time to lose weight! Hold the clock, somebody!
The good news is - I've managed to lose 2kg in 2 months! Not impressive numbers to crunch on but considering I never thought I would be able to achieve it at all, this is pleasant news! *big grin* That means I can afford to eat more in Paris! Uh...I mean, only when the wedding is over. Hee...
Now that I am officially lactose-intolerant, i basically have to stay off cafe au lait in bistros(unless they serve it with Lactaid milk), no ice cream, no sinful pastries rich in butter and whatever else that contains dairy. I can still eat/drink them with a lactase enzyme pill but I realise it gives me a major tummyache(ouch!) and it will be easier to just avoid them. Maybe that was the secret to my weight loss! Wahahahahaha... ;p
The stress of the church wedding will begin tomorrow when we meet with Father Frederic at the Basilique for the 1st time. The entire mass program is still in limbo and the worst thing is - it is in French and I aku-tak-tak-woo. I just have to say "Oui" when the priest asks if I take this man for better or for worse. I am hoping a miracle will happen. Thank God, they usually do. =)
Now that my manicure and pedicure are done, it is time to bid farewell NYC and bienvenue a Paris!
Abientot!
Friday, April 06, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
2Kg in 2 months?? Ok lah better than nothing hor? =)Sorry I can't be there to see you in a gorgeous never ending gown but do send the pics over!! Congrats...AGAIN! =) Have a good one both of ya! Ivan M
Have a great wedding time babe! Please don't forget to post your pics on your blog or websites....
Miss ya! xoxoxoxoxoxoxx Sha
Post a Comment