Look how happy I left the restaurant...wouldn't you wanna go too? Haha... ;p
Sunday, December 17, 2006
French Carribean cuisine at Ivo&Lulu's
What a LIP-SMACKING dinner!!!
Having read rave reviews of this tiny, cosy restaurant at SoHo, I couldn't resist but to try it out myself! Celebrating the news of Emmanuel's new research paper being published in the Journal of Neoroscience, we headed out with our bottle of Charles Shaw's Cabernet Sauvignon for a great time out at Ivo & Lulu's. Arriving at 6pm when they threw the doors open, we were the first customers there(yippee!!!)! By 7pm, the place was filled up and the aroma of food was infused into our sensory journey.
We LOVED the appetizers!! I had escargots steeped in garlicky olive oil(double yumz!) and Emmanuel ordered smelly cheese(bleu) melted on pear....OMG - what a heavenly combination!!! The strong taste of the cheese
was mellowed and at the same time, sweetened by the poached pear - this marriage of divine tastes drove us both mad with love for the restaurant. Prices are fairly reasonable at $8 for the escargots and $12 for the Magret entrees.
Look how happy I left the restaurant...wouldn't you wanna go too? Haha... ;p
Look how happy I left the restaurant...wouldn't you wanna go too? Haha... ;p
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment