Wednesday, August 09, 2006

La francaise chinoise a la jardin de Central Park

Central Park is my absolute favourite place in NYC.
(taken at The Pond down south-east end of Central Park)

For the last 2weeks, I have been cutting across the park at 60th street to get to Alliance Francaise on the east side. The invigorating 15mins walk passing The Pond is always the highlight of my day as I almost get the pond to myself early morning. Sometimes I catch a glimpse of the stunning red cardinal bird which must be seeking tranquility at the Hatchett Bird Sanctuary nearby. I have never gotten sick of walking through its meandering paths amidst acacia, gingko biloba, birch, oak, cherry trees yet. Once the gingko nuts are ripe for picking, I will buy a basket and wait under the trees for the nuts to drop like those ol' chinese grandmas around the neighbourhood. (Need a boost for my fading memory cells... keke... ;p)

Emmanuel on the other hand doesn't need any gingkos. He needs a brand new wardrobe. I suspect after his career as a scientist has reached its highest point, he might want to switch to Cirque du Soleil for a stint. He found this Bozo jacket at the St. Francis Thrift store at 96th Street and Broadway and I have not seen him that excited since we spotted the Hugo Boss tuxedo going for US$20. This thrift shop is simply amazing...almost every clothing item is from US$3 - 6 and it is even going at a 1-for-1 price that weekend! We donated 2 bags of clothes and shoes and we came home with another 2 bags of Brooks Brothers suits, Pink/Mexx/Banana Republic shirts and Zara skirts. Love bargain hunting in NYC. A city full of rich and pampered folks. Heehee....

Finally, we ended the weekend with Kim making these children's ice-cream treats for us!!! More clowns! Haha... Her mom used to make these for her when she was a kid and now we got them too, since we were good. *wink*

No comments: