Monday, August 14, 2006

Hiking at Bear Mountain(where there are NO bears)

Bear Mountain is only a 45mins drive from the hustle of the Big Apple and it is such a popular spot for families and their children to unwind that I actually found a family barbequeing at the grass patch right NEXT to the carpark! Unlike the magnificent mountain formations of western USA(think Yellowstone, Yosemite, etc), there is unfortunately a lack of breath-taking scenery here in the east. Alas, the most intriguing creature we found was this chipmunk. At the top of the Bear Mountain(391m high), we shared an open top plateau filled with Harley Davidsons of every colour and Goldwings shining brightly in the mid-day sun, surrounded by bikers of every age and size.

At the height of my Harry Potter reading fervour(I am down to Book 6), my dearest has decided with the wave of his wand that I should have the honour of meeting Harry himself in the form of Emmanuel(perhaps by chance of gulping down a polyjuice potion?)

This is the highlight of my day - meeting my first live groundhog! The last one I saw was dead(ran over by a vicious driver).
Ain't it the cutest thing ever??? =)

No comments: