Rita Hayworth.
Ever heard of this name? Not unless you are at least 50 years old by now cos this sex symbol hit the Hollywood big screen in the 1940's and I bet you none of my friends know who she is. Well, neither did I but I went to a tribute to Rita Hayworth last night at the BB King Blues Club and found out all about her in a monologue-cum-singing recollection of Rita's life with an 11-piece swing band and a helluva sexy performer/impersonator. Performing hits like "Bewitched, bothered and bewildered", "The lady is a tramp" and "Put the blame on mame", we were enchanted with this temptress's sultry voice and her red flame hair throwing(which is supposed to make men excited, I can only assume).
The room is packed with white haired men and heavily dyed blond hair with ultra fake tan women(in their late 40's and UP) whom I can only assume are tourists from Middle America cos it is utterly impossible they come from NYC. The fashion police here would throw them in jail if they are spotted.
This had to be one of our most enjoyable jazz evenings in Manhattan and I would definitely come back here again with friends for their Beatlemania Saturday brunch or the Sunday Harlem Gospel Brunch.


No comments:
Post a Comment