Thursday, April 27, 2006

WICKED is cruel...

Yesterday was miserable.

The winds were merciless, whipping my hair into a mad frenzy and had the audacity to blow up my dress (ala Marilyn Monroe style) and on top of that, the "artificial" sun couldn't decide if it wants to warm me up or not as I walked down Broadway. I made the unforgiveable mistake of ordering an iced tea at Starbucks instead of a warm latte - hell yes, I paid for it dearly as I chattered non-stop in the cold. Who the hell orders iced tea in Starbucks to begin with??? Bah...the wind must have gotten into my head.

Still, I endured the erratic weather and marched towards the Gershwin Theatre. WICKED the sizzling hot new musical that hit Broadway is all sold out for months in advance so the only way I can ever get into that theatre is to win the front row tickets by lottery. Everyday at 2.5hrs before the show starts, a bunch of musical fanatics will queue outside the theatre, submit our names and then pray for 30mins until they announce the lottery results. When the results are announced, the entire posse consists of almost 70-80 people, all desperately clasping their hands in fervour, hoping for a chance to buy the tickets. You don't even win the tix, you win the chance to BUY the tix! Unbelieveable, isn't it? This would be unheard of back home! But at US$25 for front row tix(U.P. US$110), you really shouldn't complain.

Of course, the miserable day continued. I didn't win the chance to buy the tix. &*%$#@-#?$!

No comments: